- View All
international geographic focus
- January 1, 2007 - December 31, 2007
has contribution area
has academic priority
has USDA Area
impact statement impact
- The handbook resource has been acclaimed from the Licensing Executives Society to the Franklin Pierce Law Center to the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) as one of the premier resources globally on intellectual property management. See above for more impacts.
impact statement issue
- Prepared by and for policy-makers, leaders of public sector research establishments, technology transfer professionals, licensing executives, and scientists, the handbook offers up-to-date information and strategies for utilizing the power of both intellectual property and the public domain. \n\nEschewing ideological debates and general proclamations, the authors always keep their eye on the practical side of IP management. The handbook provides substantive discussions and analyses of the opportunities awaiting anyone in the field who wants to put intellectual property to work.\n\nAt the dawn of the 21st century the world created an unprecedented wave of public–private partnerships. For such investments to bear fruit as public goods it is paramount to manage intellectual property with the public interest in mind. This handbook provides expert guidance to do just that and will assist in developing new capabilities in low- and middle-income countries.
impact statement response
- Developed a resource consisting of more than 157 chapters, 157 separate editor`s introductions and overviews with key implications for policy makers, heads of research, scientists, and technology transfer officers.
impact statement summary
- Prepared a global resource for intellectual property management in health and agricultural innovation (two-volume book, summary book for policy makers, Online resource, CD-ROM)
Other private funding
- About 20 institutions contributed funds from the Kauffman Foundation to Monsanto to WIPO.
- Applied Research
- Krattiger, Anatole Francois Cornell Faculty Member