- View All
- January 1, 2008 - December 31, 2009
has contribution area
has academic priority
has USDA Area
impact statement impact
- This year more than 300 producers have attended and participated in county-level and/or regional level presentations on estate, retirement, and farm succession planning issues. The FarmLink team has successfully completed 74 farm succession plans this year.
impact statement issue
- We receive on-going annual funding from New York State Department of Agriculture and Markets for addressing farm family assistance needs.
impact statement response
- To meet these needs, program staff offer 3 training meetings annually for program consultants who work directly with the farm families requesting assistance, program staff continue to develop written and on-line resource materials and participate in local and regional meetings with producers. Additionally, agriservice providers are included in the target audience given their frequent interaction with producers and their ability to provide referrals. All program consultation services are free and confidential to New York farm families.
impact statement summary
- Funding for NY FarmLink offers an opportunity to provide both group services and one-on-one consultation to NY farm families regarding farm business management issues, including but not limited to, estate, retirement, and farm succession planning, beginning farmer concerns, and identification of farm opportunities for agricultural stakeholders.
- Gloy, Angela M. Researcher
- Both Basic Research and Applied Research