- View All
selected publications listing
- "Blurring the Boundaries Between Tourism and History: The Case of Tuscany" in Architourism: Authentic, Exotic, Escapist, Spectacular, edited by Joan Ockman and Salomon Frausto (Munich: Prestel, 2005).
- "The Architecture of Redemption" in The Federal Penitentiary in Lewisburg, Pennsylvania, edited by Lois Huffines (Lewisburg, PA: Union County Historical Society, 2005).
- "Towers and Tourists: The Cinematic City of San Gimignano," Donatello Among the Blackshirts: History and Modernity in the Visual Culture of Fascist Italy, edited by Claudia Lazzaro and Roger Crum, (Ithaca: Cornell University Press, 2005).
- The award winning "Urban Editing, Historic Preservation, and Political Rhetoric: The Fascist Redesign of San Gimignano," Journal of the Society of Architectural Historians, vol. 63, no. 3, September 2004.
- "Reshaping Attitudes Towards the Renaissance. The Fight Against in Florence at the Turn of the Century," in The Renaissance in the Nineteenth Century/Le 19e siécle renaissant, edited by Yannick Portebois and Nicholas Terpstra, (Toronto: The Centre for Reformation and Renaissance Studies, 2003).
- "The Plastic Lawn Flamingo: Portrait of a Commodity," Thresholds. Critical Journal of the Department of Architecture at MIT, vol. 15, Fall 1997, special issue entitled On Creativity in Consumer Culture, pp. 60-63.
- ARCH-1802: History of Architecture II - Spring 2013
- ARCH-5802: History of Architecture II - Spring 2013
- ARCH-5902: Design X Thesis - Spring 2013
- ARCH-6819: Seminar in Special Topics in the History of Architecture and Urbanism - Spring 2013
- ARCH-9901: Ph.D. Dissertation in the History of Architecture and Urbanism - Spring 2013
- ARCH-6800: State of the Discipline - Fall 2012
- ARCH-9901: Ph.D. Dissertation in the History of Architecture and Urbanism - Spring 2012
- ARCH-1801: History of Architecture I - Fall 2011
- ARCH-5801: History of Architecture I - Fall 2011
- ARCH-6805: Practicum - Fall 2011
- ARCH-9901: Ph.D. Dissertation in the History of Architecture and Urbanism - Fall 2011
education and training
awards and honors
- Outstanding Achievement Award, 2008
- Runner Up - Charles Rufus Morey Book Award, 2006
- Runner Up - Longman- History Today Book of the Year Award, 2006
- Founders' Award, 2005
- Henry Paolucci/Walter Bagehot Book Award, 2005
- Outstanding Educator, 2005
- Provost's Award for Distinguised Scholarship, 2005
- Martin Dominiquez Distinguished Teaching Award, 2002
- The Presidential Award for Excellence in Teaching, 1997