- View All
- theriogenology, with emphasis on production animals
- postpartum conditions of dairy cows
- uterine disorders of dairy cows, in particular subclinical endometritis
- interaction of nutrition and fertility
- comparative pathogenesis of trichomoniasis in cattle and in people
principal investigator on
co-principal investigator on
- Effects of conjugated linoleic acids on prostaglandin secretion by bovine endometrial epithelial cells in vitro.. American Journal of Veterinarian Research. 74:491-498. 2013
- Effects of chromium propionate supplementation during the periparturient period and early lactation on metabolism, performance, and subclinical endometritis in dairy cows.. Journal of Dairy Science. 95:485. 2012
- Effects of trace mineral source on oxidative metabolism, subclinical endometritis, and performance of transition dairy cows.. Journal of Dairy Science. 95:482. 2012
- Association between uterine disease and indicators of neutrophil and systemic energy status in lactating Holstein cows. Journal of Dairy Science. 93:2926-2937. 2010
- Effect of early postpartum ovulation on fertility in dairy cows. Reproduction in Domestic Animals. 45. 2010
- Effect of peripartum dietary energy supplementation of dairy cows on metabolites, liver function and reproductive variables. Animal Reproduction Science. 112:301-315. 2009
- Effect of prostaglandin F2alpha on subclinical endometritis and fertility in dairy cows. Journal of Dairy Science. 92:4906-4913. 2009
- Effects of feeding fish meal and n-3 fatty acids on milk yield and metabolic responses in early lactating dairy cows. Journal of Dairy Science. 90:136-144. 2007
- Effects of feeding fish meal and n-3 fatty acids on ovarian and uterine responses in early lactating dairy cow. Journal of Dairy Science. 90:145-154. 2007
- Evaluation of the mechanism of action of conjugated linoleic acid isomers on reproduction in dairy cows. Journal of Dairy Science. 90:4253-4264. 2007
- Relationship of pre-ovulatory follicle size, estradiol concentrations and season to pregnancy outcome in dairy cows. Livestock Production Science. 99:34-43. 2007
- Effects of conjugated linoleic acid on prostaglandin production by bovine endometrial cells. Journal of Dairy Science. 89:289. 2006
- Effects of dietary supplementation with trans- and omega-3 fatty acids on PGF2α secretion and production parameters in dairy cows. Journal of Dairy Science. 89:288. 2006
- Evaluation of the mechanism of action of conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) isomers on reproduction - uterine release of PGF2A. Journal of Dairy Science. 89:289. 2006
- Detrimental effects of high plasma urea nitrogen levels on viability of embryos from lactating dairy cows. Animal Reproduction Science. 91:1-10. 2005
- Quantitative trait loci for hip dysplasia in a crossbreed canine pedigree. Mammalian Genome. 16:720-30. 2005
- Effects of feeding menhaden fish meal or Ca salts of fish oil fatty acids on uterine fatty acid composition, COX-2 level and PGF2-alpha production in early lactating cows. Journal of Dairy Science. 87:297. 2004
- Effects of urea infusion on uterine luminal environment of dairy cows. Journal of Dairy Science. 87:2896-2901. 2004
- Quantitative genetics of traits associated with hip dysplasia in a Labrador Retriever-Greyhound pedigree. American Journal of Veterinary Research. 63:1029-1035. 2002
- Detection of bovine leukocyte adhesion deficiency by nonisotopic ligase chain reaction. Animal Genetics. 25:95-98. 1994
- The importance of early postpartum ovulation for reproduction in dairy cows. XXIVth World Buiatrics Congress. 2006
- The follicle's influence on embryonic/fetal mortaility in cattle. Proceedings of the 20th meeting European Embryo Transfer Associatoin. 2004
- Urea, uterine pH, and fertility in dairy cows. Proceedings, 10th ICPD Meeting, Utrecht, The Netherlands. 191. 1999
- The relationship between protein nutrition and fertility of dairy cows: pathogenic mechanisms. Proc. 135th Annual Convention, American Veterinary Medical Association, July 25-29, 1998, Baltimore, MD. 246-249. 1998
- Urea, uterine ph, and fertility in dairy cows. Proceedings: Production diseases in farm animals, 10th ICPD conference, Utrecht, The Netherlands. 1998
- Effect of conjugated linoleic acid supplementation on in vitro bovine embryo production and cryopreservation. . 67. 2011
- Effects of feeding menhaden fish meal or Ca salts of fish oil fatty acids on some cytokine genes expression and endometrial cytology in early lactation dairy cows. 388. 2009
- Effects of high plasma urea nitrogen levels on bovine embryo quality and development. 116. 2001
- Effects of urea infusion on uterine luminal pH, prostaglandins and proteins in lactating dairy cows. 212. 2000
selected publications listing
- Gilbert RO, Shin ST, Guard CL, Erb HN, Frajblat M. Prevalence of endometritis and its effects on reproductive performance of dairy cows. Theriogenology. 2005, Accepted
- Rhoads, ML, Rhoads RP, Gilbert RO, Toole R, Butler WR. Detrimental effects of high plasma urea nitrogen levels on viability of embryos from lactating dairy cows. Theriogenology, 2005, Accepted
- Singh BN, Hayes GR, Lucas JJ, Beach DH, Gilbert RO. Cytopathogenic effect of Tritrichomonas foetus cysteine protease-CP30 on bovine uterine epithelial cells. American Journal of Veterinary Research, 2005, Accepted.
- Singh BN, Lucas JJ, Hayes GR, Kumar I, Beach DH, Costello CE, Sommer U, Frajblat M, Gilbert RO. Tritrichomonas foetus induces apoptotic cell death in bovine vaginal epithelial cells. Infection and Immunity, 2004; 72: 4151-4158.
- Rhoads, ML, Gilbert RO, Lucy MC, Butler WR. Effects of urea infusion on uterine luminal environment of dairy cows. Journal of Dairy Science, 2004; 87: 2896-2901.
- Gilbert RO, Elia G, Beach DH, Klaessig S, Singh BN. Cytopathogenic effect of Trichomonas vaginalis on human vaginal epithelial cells cultured in vitro. Infect Immun. 2000 Jul;68(7):4200-6.
- Gradil CM, Watson RE, Renshaw RW, Gilbert RO, Dubovi EJ. Detection of bovine immunodeficiency virus DNA in the blood and semen of experimentally infected bulls. Vet Microbiol. 1999 Oct;70(1-2):21-31.
- Singh BN, Lucas JJ, Beach DH, Shin ST, Gilbert RO. Adhesion of Tritrichomonas foetus to bovine vaginal epithelial cells. Infect Immun. 1999 Aug;67(8):3847-54.
- Owiny JR, Gilbert RO, Wahl CH, Nathanielsz PW. Leukocytic invasion of the ovine cervix at parturition. J Soc Gynecol Investig. 1995 Jul-Aug;2(4):593-6.
- Rakestraw PC, Fubini SL, Gilbert RO, Ward JO. Tube cystostomy for treatment of obstructive urolithiasis in small ruminants. Vet Surg. 1995 Nov-Dec;24(6):498-505.
- Kohn CW, Swardson C, Provost P, Gilbert RO, Couto CG. Myeloid and megakaryocytic hypoplasia in related standardbreds. J Vet Intern Med. 1995 Sep-Oct;9(5):315-23.
- Gilbert RO, Grohn YT, Guard CL, Surman V, Neilsen N, Slauson DO. Impaired post partum neutrophil function in cows which retain fetal membranes. Res Vet Sci. 1993 Jul;55(1):15-9.
- Gilbert RO, Grohn YT, Miller PM, Hoffman DJ. Effect of parity on periparturient neutrophil function in dairy cows. Vet Immunol Immunopathol. 1993 Feb;36(1):75-82.
- Gilbert RO, Rebhun WC, Kim CA, Kehrli ME Jr, Shuster DE, Ackermann MR. Clinical manifestations of leukocyte adhesion deficiency in cattle: 14 cases (1977-1991). J Am Vet Med Assoc. 1993 Feb 1;202(3):445-9.
- Shuster DE, Kehrli ME Jr, Ackermann MR, Gilbert RO. Identification and prevalence of a genetic defect that causes leukocyte adhesion deficiency in Holstein cattle. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1992 Oct 1;89(19):9225-9.
- Gilbert RO, Kim CA, Yen A. Modulation, in vivo and in vitro, of surface expression of CD18 by bovine neutrophils. Am J Vet Res. 1992 Sep;53(9):1675-8.
- Gilbert RO, Marlow CH. A field study of patterns of unobserved foetal loss as determined by rectal palpation in foaling, barren and maiden thoroughbred mares. Equine Vet J. 1992 May;24(3):184-6.
- Gilbert RO, Schwark WS. Pharmacologic considerations in the management of peripartum conditions in the cow. Vet Clin North Am Food Anim Pract. 1992 Mar;8(1):29-56. Review.
- Gilbert RO. Bovine endometritis: the burden of proof. Cornell Vet. 1992 Jan;82(1):11-4.
- VTMED-6534: Equine Reproduction - Spring 2013
- VTMED-6536: Advanced Dairy Reproduction - Spring 2013
- VTMED-6598: Special Projects in Veterinary Medicine - Spring 2013
- VTMED-6600: Theriogenology Service - Spring 2013
- VTMED-6399: Research Opportunities in Veterinary Medicine - Spring 2012
- VTMED-6499: Research Opportunities in Veterinary Medicine - Spring 2012
- VTMED-6534: Equine Reproduction - Spring 2012
- VTMED-6598: Special Projects in Veterinary Medicine - Spring 2012
- VTMED-6600: Theriogenology Service - Spring 2012