I am trained as a veterinarian and also as a toxicologist. There are strong interconnections between animal feed contamination and human food chemical safety issues. With globalization of the food market and in anticipation of a future food crisis, food production with the help of food technologies are inevitable in order for ensure human food security. On the other hand, safety of chemical compounds found in food, whether it is unintentional (e.g. packaging migrants, by-product of processing, pesticide and drug residues) or intentional (e.g. food additives and even worse in adulteration), is a growing concern. I am interested in research that will advance and improve chemical food safety.
- View All
- Danforth, Bryan Nicholas Cornell Faculty Member
- Veterinary Diagnostic Toxicology Veterinary toxicologist at the Animal Health Diagnostic Center 2011 - 2013
- Department of Food Science Principal Research Scientist 2013 -
- David R. Atkinson Center for a Sustainable Future (ACSF) Faculty Fellow 2011 -
- Graduate Field of Environmental Toxicology Member 2011 -